How to Write a Catchy Blog Post Title That Get Clicked with Zero Bounce Rate
Importance of a Blog Post Title:
First impression is much important and your blog post title is your first impression for the readers. Titles play a significant role in CTR (click through rate). Title also play an important role in SEO (search engine optimization). A wisely crafted blog post title will include such elements that help your post rank higher on a search engine. Title of any blog post or page is equally important as the content of the post. There are certain reason that why a tiny phrase like title is much important. Below are some reasons that defines its importance.
- Title of the blog posts/pages appear in search engine results. People guess from the title that what is inside so if the title is not attractive or catchy, it will not bring readers to the post.
- Titles appears in links and when title has a focused key phrase, Google ranks it batter because key phrase in links are important for any search engine.
- Title is the most important factor that attracts the readers to read your post.
In this article, you will learn how to choose a suitable title for a content with focused key phrase. Titles are always H1 tags and are most important for SEO. When you make a title you are actually telling the readers that what is inside the content. If you write a good content and title is not attractive or lacks a catchy key phrase, it will leave a bad impression on the readers and reader will bounce back without reading your content.
Here are some common errors that a content writer ignores to kill while making a content title or heading. Here you can find all those common errors that writers do in their writing and everyone should avoid them.
Suitable Blog Post Title:
Commonly writers write on a topic without research. Title of content should have a suitable key phrase for content optimization. Examples of good title and bad title are below.
If a writer writes a post on watches and want to sell online. So he should choose a catchy title that can attract the readers instead of a lazy title.
(a) Buy watches online
(b) Busy smart watches online
(c) Beautiful smart watches | Buy online
In above examples, title (a) is an example of a bad title. Title (b) is moderate but not perfect and last title (c) is perfect for a content.
Key Phrase in Blog Post Title:
Always try to have a key phrase in your blog post title and that phrase should be a focused key phrase for the content. Focused Key phrase should be on minimum two to three words. Your content should be divided into different headings and 50% heading should reflect the key phrase. Do not put key phrase more than 70% in your headings. Examples of titles with focused key phrases are below: Focused key phrases are underlined.
(a) Become a professional writer in ten days
(b) Buy beautiful luxury chairs at the lowest price
(c) How to make delicious Chinese dishes at home?
Ten Tips for an Attractive Blog Post Title:
· Evoke readers’ curiosity (Ten tricks every writer should know)
· Break you title into parts (Egg fried rice: A balanced diet)
· Use numbers and statics for clarity (8 parts of speech in English grammar)
· Communicate benefits in blog post title (10 benefits of drinking orange juice)
· Compare and contrast (How Shakespearean tragedy differs from Greek tragedy?)
· Use a “How to” element in your title. (How to control speedy bike on slippery road)
· Include your audience/readers in blog post title (Do you know how birds fly?)
· Use Powerful words in post title (Top secret rules to grow a business)
· Provide useful information that solves a problem (How to write a sonnet?)
· Include your chosen focused keyword in your post/page title (Beautiful pet for sale in Pakistan)
Key Phrase in Main Content:
When you select a suitable title with a key phrase; adjust this key phrase in your content as well. You content should have key phrase minimum 3 to 5 time if your content is of one thousand words. If your text is more than one thousand words, then you should increase the frequency of key phrase per 400 words. If your content is on 4 thousand words; you should have 10 time key phrase in your content including headings.
Use Similar Key Phrase: Synonym
When you have a key phrase in you title, you should also insert similar key phrases like synonyms of the key phrase. You can use a key word comfortable chair for luxury chair. Always use key phrase in different context. Do not write it in a single context or in a same line each time. Google is much smarter than you now a day so never try to dodge it.
Avoid Key Phrase Stuffing in Paragraphs:
If you use a keyword multiple time than recommended frequency, Google will not accept your key phrase and will not rank your post. If your content is on 500 words and you use 8 time key phrase; it is bad and will be key word stuffing.